Poster: Thomas Mores Date: Feb 12, 2012 6:25am
Forum: feature_films Subject: False copyright claims

Companies such as CINETEL MULTIMEDIA and Alameda Films are making false copyright claims on thousands of public domain movies posted at YouTube.
Is there anything that can be done?

http://www.cinetelmultimedia.com/
http://www.alamedafilms.com/

This post was modified by Thomas Mores on 2012-02-12 14:25:29

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 13, 2012 9:09pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

WMG'S CLAIM PUT A WORLDWIDE BLOCK ON THIS PD VIDEO AND I CANNOT UPLOAD ANY VIDEOS LONGER THAN 15 MINUTES
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&;answer=71673
Copyright Info: 1950 The Heart
You have disputed a copyright claim on your video, 1950 The Heart .
To see the details of the dispute you filed, click here.
Username: CinemaVintage
Video ID: sef655ZfuXA
5. This video contains the material at issue, but the material is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.
This movie is Public Domain, part of the collection: Prelinger Archives
Your dispute is still awaiting a response from these content owners:
Entity: WMG Content Type: Visual content
As a result, your video is blocked worldwide.

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 2:22pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Won dispute with WMG
Info & contact info here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VurAjLX95Sg
They released the claim and the limit has been lifted

Poster: garthus1 Date: Feb 13, 2012 9:40pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

This is why I spend most of my time uploading and creating materials for Internet Archive. Also if SOPA or PIPA type legislation ever gets passed, you tube may have real problems. These people are incompetent, just like the Government of the United States.

Gerry

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 13, 2012 9:51pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Hello, Gerry. Thanks for answering me.

An aside, speaking of PIPA and SOPA, have you seen OPEN?
Here's a link comparing the three, let me know what you think http://keepthewebopen.com/sopa-vs-open
Also, are you familiar with ACTA?
https://www.eff.org/issues/acta

Back to it then: I am completely frustrated out of my mind at this point.

Please understand, I love the public domain. It stems from watching silent movies with my Da on TV when I was very small on Sundays. It extended to ephermeral films as an adult. When I saw Rick Prelinger's documentary on why he released all the films into the Public Domain, I think part of me fell in love with him I was so grateful for his generosity. What a truly lovely person he is!

I know many people upload PD movies and clips to their accounts because it's easy and fills space. They monetize videos or create partnerships for money. I do not.

I literally do this because I love it and believe in its value, and so many people don't know about these amazing treasures and don't know the IA here (gasp!) so I link them (and ways to donate) on my channel all the time. (I'm broke but not everyone is and I really hope I've inspired a few people to donate here - IA is so worth it!)

That anyone would have to go through what I'm going through is disheartening at best, and I know I'm not alone. YouTube's Content ID system is horrible. I read this about how the system actually works and almost fell off my chair.
http://fairusetube.org/youtube-copyfraud

People are killing the Public Domain and, as a member and contributor to IA and as a person, I am horrified. What can we do? I am trying to do everything I can and urging people to donate to IA, but I don't know how to fight this.

Poster: garthus1 Date: Feb 13, 2012 10:49pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

X,

I am looking at OPEN thank you for the information.

Read some of the stuff I put up about copyright. The short story is a good example.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=short%20story%20garthus

Point here is that whatever we put up in the Public Domain reduces the universe for the intellectual property parasites who are trying to control everything through Amerikan copyright laws. Over 90% of everything published before 1978 is in the Public Domain here in the US. But the big corporations are trying to get congress to change that. However once we place it under creative commons license, that will be virtually impossible for those items. I scan whatever I have the time to scan and do a lot of writing. I put up everything I have written as Public Domain:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=garthus%20poem&;sort=-downloads

Including all of my course materials and published papers, etc. What I do for my courses is to upload the stuff into Internet Archive and link it back to my on-line classes. One class for example:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=astr110&;sort=-downloads

What this does is to provide a good introduction to the Archive for students who actually become avid users. You also should check out Wikipedia, I am writing a completely digital text for this On-line Astronomy course, starting next year students will no longer have to pay $200 for the text, it will be built right into the course. Wiki is doing this for thousands of informative areas and all of this stuff is Public Domain. With many people working on these projects we are quickly starting to have an unseen effect which will eventually over shadow all of the restrictive proprietary venues for intellectual content. This is the nature of complexity. They (the corporate parasites) will wake up one day and find out that they will be in violation of our Public Domain copyrights. They will be able to sell their stuff, but increasingly without restrictive copyrights, kind of like Open Source software. All it takes is a little imagination and a lot of effort. We just have to keep up the fight.

Gerry

This post was modified by garthus1 on 2012-02-14 06:49:20

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 13, 2012 10:51pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

WOW! That's incredibly cool and thanks for links, will read into it later (you write a lot of poetry!), and you're welcome for links. :)

I've tried to add my good copies of things like Segundo de Chomón and Georges Méliès here at the IA under Community Video but they're so all over the place. I can't figure out how to put them all in one place. I know some of the videos are already uploaded, but I usually have clearer copies or better information on mine. I just wish there was a way I could get them together in one place for people.

I don't have a scanner so I can't scan things like you do. Honestly, I'm not sure I have anything to scan. I have some eBooks that are PD. Maybe I should add them? I have soe PD movies but I'm almost certain we already have them here at IA so I doubt you need more. But I could be mistaken.

Since my first post, I've been trying to find contact for EMI to get them to release "Hemp for Victory" which they've held since 29 January. I ended up using every EMI email I could find on the net, crossing my fingers and just hitting send. I also had to write IODA for the fourth time over 1917 The Sultan's Wife.

I emailed with the addresses I could find on the net, but I'm still in shock that WMG claimed "The Heart" (1950) for visual content, blocked the video world wide and disabled my ability to upload anything longer than 15 minutes. I promised a few of my subscribers I would upload the movies they requested and now I can't. It breaks my heart. I emailed them links directly to IA so they could watch them here instead. So I got people requesting great stuff and I cannot accommodate them because of WMG's false claim? It makes me quite cross to have people so interested in content and I can't provide it because of someone else's greedy mistake.

Gen says GRRRR!

Poster: garthus1 Date: Feb 13, 2012 11:11pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

X,
It is not someone else's mistake, if you read the link that you sent me it explains that they look for similar content. That means that there does not even have to be a copyright violation for that to occur. Others are doing that to make money, It is a corrupt system.

This is all that I put up so far:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=garthus

and others have put up even more. I also have several collection pages which allow you to organize materials. However you can do it by placing identifiers in the subject field. I have garthus in every item so I can search and create a page with all of my items. The Astronomy course has astr110 as the identifier and also garthus which allows me to search on garthus astr110 and bring up all of the Astronomy course materials and ditto for my other courses.

Once you understand the basics, putting up items in a logical manner becomes easier. And you can use the subject field metadata to organize the items. You can email me at garthus801@gmail.com if you would like more information.

Gerry

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 13, 2012 11:28pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

You do A LOT. Wish I could. I just don't think anyone would be interested in much of what I had to upload. Hey, when I search my handle a lot of stuff comes up - and some of it's mine too! lol I emailed you so we can keep in touch and I'll stop crowing this thread now :)

Poster: garthus1 Date: Feb 13, 2012 10:58pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

X,

Just finished reading the you tube link you put up. All I can say is F--K You Tube, I never put up anything on their site and never will. This is typical of the corporate parasites whom our present administration (and the previous) have gotten into bed with. They are all getting rich off of the system by not producing or doing any work. Only redoubles my effort to help all of the pirates out there succeed. The sheep will keep paying for this stuff, but there are many of us who will never succumb to that behavior. Most of what passes for mass entertainment today is crap anyway. I find much better stuff (original materials) on the Internet Archive; and incidently it is turning into a substantial resource.

Gerry

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 13, 2012 11:11pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Gerry, should I just upload all of my stuff here to IA instead? Even if we already have it here, though? I mean, I have about 500 GB of stuff not to mention discs with PD movies folks gave me as gifts, but I think a lot of it we already house here. Also, I don't know how to make a collection of it for people, like with my Edison or Méliès. If I do, maybe I can use the channel as an announcement that I've uploaded it here instead. What do you think? Btw, I upload under this name so you can see my uploads if you search me I think. I got some kick butt Segundo de Chomón up here! :)))

Poster: garthus1 Date: Feb 13, 2012 11:28pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

X,

Start checking what you have with what is on the Archive Check resolution on videos and bit rate on audios, if you can upload better copies than do it. If they do not have a copy then upload it. Actually you can spend a good amount of time putting up stuff for example:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=garthus%20explosives

I found some neat stuff on explosives, all these government manuals are in the public domain, I uploaded them and take a look at the downloads. There are loads of this stuff floating around on the Internet, I found one download of over 600 military manuals on Pirate Bay:

http://thepiratebay.se/

You will need a bit-torrent client such as micro-torrent to download, but there is a lot of stuff out there.

You can check copyrights on the Stanford University site and the Library of Congress site if you are not sure. But almost all government documents are in the Public Domain, Including many state publications.

As far as the collection, start with placing the same identifier on each of the relevant items. That allows you to recall all of the particular items from a search, then you can just provide that link like I have done.

Gerry

Gerry

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 13, 2012 11:41pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

"You can check copyrights on the Stanford University site and the Library of Congress site if you are not sure. But almost all government documents are in the Public Domain, Including many state publications."

Please give links where I can verify public domain on items, including films and videos. It would be nice to have them all in one place for people who may need to information. Thanks!

Poster: garthus1 Date: Feb 13, 2012 11:48pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

X,

Email me this question so I remember, I will send the links.

Gerry

Poster: Video-Cellar Date: Mar 14, 2012 6:50pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

There have been some changes in the content ID system. We now know exactly how long the have to respond to our disputed claims (1 calendar month) and in most cases you will get information on what has been claimed (if it amounts to just a component of your video.)

Some screen caps of the current claims on my channel are below showing the changes. This is still not an ideal situation but it is better than being completely in the dark on how the process works. This is, of course, more for youtube than the effected users. I bet I wasn't the only one pointing out the glaring lack of "safe harbor" they have for supporting this scam.

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Mar 31, 2012 12:13pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Shemaroo

On 3/31/2012 5:17 AM, Dina Castelino cc'd vinod@shemaroo.com, kalpana@shemaroo.com, ankita.m@shemaroo.com, tapolina.dutta@shemaroo.com, 'Mansi' , kaushik@shemaroo.com, 'Kranti' , 'Jai Maroo' wrote:

> [...]
>

> 3) In fact, one of the importers of English Films in India has assigned us on an exclusive basis the YouTube rights for the film “Amazing Adventure” (hereinafter referred to as “Said Film”) vide a valid Agreement. On the basis of their representations and submissions, the Said Video was uploaded by us on the YouTube website.
>

> 4) As regards the Said Film, we would like to state that the Said Film and its every part is in Public Domain and thus anyone is entitled to use/exploit the same anywhere throughout the Whole World as per the existing Copyright Laws.
>

> 5) For your information, we are carrying on business of acquisition, production, post-production, distribution, exhibition and exploitation of films, tele-films, animation films etc in various languages on different platforms for more than 30 years. Our company is a reputed organization in the entertainment industry and has never been involved in any kind of dishonest, false, wrongful or fallacious claim/allegation.
>

> 6) In the above matter, you sent us an email on 20/02/2012 at 8.26 p.m. stating your query about films in the Public Domain. It is a standard practice of almost every organization/company to respond to queries and questions pertaining to their products within at least 5 to 7 days. However, it has come to our knowledge that you have uploaded a defamatory video titled “Shemaroo: Pirates of the Public Domain” on the YouTube website along with several other related videos containing defamatory statements and images about Shemaroo Entertainment Limited, a day prior to your email i.e. 19/02/2012. This proves that you have no interest in obtaining the truth or the facts of the matter; instead you have gone ahead and posted defamatory videos on the YouTube website to malign our reputation and goodwill in the media and entertainment industry.
>

> 7) The abovementioned videos uploaded by you on the YouTube are defamatory and damaging our reputation. It is your intentional act with malafide intention to lower down our dignity. These videos showcase negative and damaging information pertaining to our company and the use of content/clippings in your videos, such as Super K, Shilpa’s Yoga and others are misleading as we are the lawful Producer/Right Holder for the same, which kindly note.
>

> 8) This e-mail should be treated as a formal word of warning from us to remove/delete the videos uploaded by you on the YouTube website or anywhere else on the Internet. Other than the deletion of the defamatory videos, you must apologize for your behavior formally through the same medium/platforms where these defamatory videos were uploaded. Else, immediate legal action for Defamation, Libel, etc as per the laws prevailing in India shall follow and you shall thank your self for the same.

Poster: baz201 Date: Oct 10, 2012 2:11am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

My Youtube video without any music on it was targeted by an entity calling itself "naive" as breaching their copyright.

Here is my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJXdih8KVXI

The 60 second piece is an iPhone panorama video taken in Switzerland last year. When I first uploaded it to Youtube, the video originally had music on it that Youtube provided "copyright free" but then I removed the music, before the copyright complaint came. I reverted to the original sound of wind. This entity calling itself "naive" keeps claiming copyright over it... which is absolutely absurd.
------------------------------
Here is the letter from Youtube

Dear kurvapicsa,

Naive has reviewed your dispute and reinstated its copyright claim on your video, "View from Pfannenstihl, Kanton Zürich". For more information, please visit your Copyright Notice page

Yours sincerely,
- The YouTube Team
---------------------------------------

Is Youtube deliberately targetting people under this strange pseudonym "naive"? What is going on here?

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 12:30pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims FAIRUSETUBE

http://fairusetube.org/youtube-copyfraud

A. Introduction: Three Fundamental Flaws with the Content ID System

In order to understand the problem of copyright fraud enabled by YouTube's Content ID system, it is first necessary to understand the three fundamental flaws in its design which enable this abuse.

1. The Content ID program apparently requires no proof of copyright ownership
2. Content ID identifications are notoriously inaccurate
3. The Content ID dispute process is ineffective and gives copyright claimants the ability to unilaterally "confirm" their claim with no further recourse for the uploader

B. Wall of Shame: Documented Cases of Copyfraud & Routine Abusers of the Content ID System
(lists problematic companies and entities, including WMG, EMI and GoDoigital)

This is a GREAT article go read it. It even tells ya why YouTube anda Google's not doing much about it.

http://fairusetube.org/youtube-copyfraud

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Mar 9, 2012 12:33pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: GoDigital requires YT users RL legal info?!?!?

In order to even INQUIRE about a Content ID false claim (not DMCA) on a public domain video GoDigital INSISTS YouTube users to use their company's dispute form online which REQUIRES REAL LIFE LEGAL INFO

http://www.adshare.tv/copyrights/inquiry-dispute-form

I have emailed and tweeted multiple times for over a month asking for another means of contact but they do not respond other than to say this is the ONLY way they will even LOOK at a mere inquiry.

What are we supposed to do with THIS? You'd have to be insane to give them your name, phone, address, etc, anything esp given their extremely bad reputation - HOW ARE EVERY DAY PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT THEIR CONTENT ID FRAUD NOW????
http://www.adshare.tv/copyrights/inquiry-dispute-form

http://www.godigitalvod.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/godigital
AdShare Rights Ops , Kevin.Scott@godigitalmg.com, info@godigitalmg.com

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 12:35pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Another great article "Don't fall for false copyright claims" from the Public Domain Sherpa http://www.publicdomainsherpa.com/false-copyright-claims.html

Poster: Moongleam Date: Feb 12, 2012 6:38am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Please give some examples (preferably films released before 1950).

Poster: Thomas Mores Date: Feb 12, 2012 8:20am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Here are a few examples:

Copyright Info: 1936 My Man Godfrey
You have disputed a copyright claim on your video, 1936 My Man Godfrey .
To see the details of the dispute you filed, click here.
Your dispute is still awaiting a response from these content owners:
Entity: Cinetel Multimedia Content Type: Audiovisual content

CLAIM
Great Guy 1936
Entity: Cinetel Multimedia Content Type: Audiovisual content
Added: February 11, 2012 02:35 PM

Your video, Detour (1945) , may include content that is owned or administered by this entity:
Entity: Fundação Padre Anchieta (TV Cultura) Content Type: Audiovisual content

Your video, The Face at the Window (1939) , may include content that is owned or administered by this entity:
Entity: Starz Media LLC Content Type: Audiovisual content

Your video, Evergreen (1934) , may include content that is owned or administered by this entity:
Entity: Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society Content Type: Musical Composition

Lady Frankenstein (1971) , may include content that is owned or administered by this entity:
Entity: DashGo/Audiobee Content Type: Audiovisual content

Your video, For You I Die (1947) , may include content that is owned or administered by this entity:
Entity: Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society Content Type: Musical Composition

And so on, and so on

This post was modified by Thomas Mores on 2012-02-12 16:20:41

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 10:37am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims ADREV

ADREV
http://audiomicroinc.com/#contact_us
AudioMicro, Inc.
13351-D Riverside Dr #219
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
620-84-AUDIO (620-842-8346)
audiomicro[at]audiomicro.com
adrev@audiomicro.com
AdRev is actually AudioMicro AdRev
adrev@audiomicro.com

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 11:28am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims GODIGITAL MG

GoDigital MG
233 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 100,
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 394-9610
http://www.godigitalmg.com/
info@godigitalmg.com
http://www.godigitalmg.com/contact.php

CONTACT: Kevin.Scott@godigitalmg.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/godigital

WHO IS INFO:
GoDigital Media Group
446 San Vicente Blvd
Ste 106
Santa Monica, California 90402
United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: GODIGITALMG.COM
Created on: 30-Nov-07
Expires on: 30-Nov-09
Last Updated on: 05-Apr-09
Administrative Contact:
Control, Domain domain-control@godigitalmedia.net
GoDigital Media Group
446 San Vicente Blvd
Ste 106
Santa Monica, California 90402
United States
3108991076 Fax
Technical Contact:
Control, Domain domain-control@godigitalmedia.net
GoDigital Media Group
446 San Vicente Blvd
Ste 106
Santa Monica, California 90402
United States
3108991076 Fax
LOS ANGELES CA 90029
4114 SANTA MONICA BLVD

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 10:35am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims DASHGO/AUDIOBEE

DASHGO/AUDIOBEE
http://www.youtube.com/user/audiobee
http://www.dashgo.com/login
site contact email info@dashgo.com
Ben Patterson http://www.dashgo.com/founder.html
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/DashGo
Twitter http://twitter.com/dashgo
bgpatterson@gmail.com
copyright@dashgo.com
Ben Patterson
DashGo
310-997-0675
benp@dashgo.com
1620 Broadway Suite C
Santa Monica CA 90404

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Jun 16, 2012 7:26pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims BELIEVE...

This user-submitted forum post has been removed in response to a take down request, submitted on behalf of Pirames International S.r.l. in the true spirit of this thread and posted here.

This post was modified by ForumAdmin on 2012-06-17 02:01:59

This post was modified by ForumAdmin on 2012-06-17 02:26:06

Poster: ForumAdmin Date: Jun 16, 2012 7:13pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims BELIEVE...

Takedown request for above post .

This post was modified by ForumAdmin on 2012-06-17 02:13:53

Poster: bullie89 Date: Feb 12, 2012 3:36pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Cinetel is the bane of my existence. This guy claims every single film in the public domain. I fought him and got YouTube to remove the claim. It was for Jack Nicholson's 'Little Shop of Horrors' and I stated that Jack is alive and well and will not receive any royalties for his films that are being dubbed in Castillion! Cinetel threatened to sue me, I did not reply. If he wants to sue me he would have to come to the US and sue me in Federal Court. He would never get standing to sue. Many of these actors and actresses are still alive, Maureen O'Hara in Hitchcock's 'Jamaica Inn' etc. John Wayne has heirs as does James Stewart. Just keep disputing the claims. These films are PD in the US, if he wants to spend thousands of dollars dubbing them, go for it, but these films are still public domain here. He needs to go away. John Wayne is as American as Apple Pie! Right?

PS, for some reason the archive was not recognizing my account address or password. When I tried to use 'Bullie' as my screen name of course it was already taken. Yes! By me!!!

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 12:00pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims ALAMEDA FILMS

English version of their site: http://www.alamedafilms.com/inicio/eng/index.html
contact: info@alamedafilms.com
Masaryk 490-3
Col. Polanco CP 11560
Mexico DF - Mexico
Tel + 5255 10552333
Fax + 5255 52808952

Veranda Entertainment is one of their distributors
http://verandaentertainment.com/index.php?option=com_content&;view=article&id=16:veranda-to-distribute-mexicos-alameda-films&catid=1&Itemid=54〈=es
Contact: Randall Green at 310.820.7121 or rgreen@verandadistribution.com
Veranda Entertainment is located at:
3400 Airport Avenue Suite 40
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Tel: +(310) 820-7121
Fax: +(310) 820-7252
For Television Distribution inquiries:
Pedro Alonzo
pedro@verandadistribution.com
+(619) 426 2690
For Digital and/or Online Distribution inquiries:
Randall Green
rgreen@verandadistribution.com
+(310) 388 9022

A law suit's information involving Alameda Films is here
http://openjurist.org/331/f3d/472/alameda-films-de-v

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 12:10pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims ALAMEDA FILMS

Another law suit involving Alameda Films can be seen here
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-5th-circuit/1136660.html

Poster: Moongleam Date: Feb 22, 2012 4:06pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Video-Cellar has commented on the musical aspect:
http://www.archive.org/iathreads/post-view.php?id=412578

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 10:34am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims ORCHARD PUBLISHING

ORCHARD PUBLISHING
New York/USA Headquarters
The Orchard
23 E. 4th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003
ph: 212 201 9280
fax: 212 201 9203
http://theorchard.com/
http://www.theorchard.com/work-with-us
Their blog post "YouTube Copyright Claims"
http://www.dailyrindblog.com/?p=9808
ugc-affairs@theorchard.com (Gabriella Cantwell)

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 19, 2012 2:34am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims SHEMAROO

FALSE CLAIM
Entity: shemarooent Content Type: Audiovisual content
ON VIDEO
1936 The Amazing Adventure
http://youtu.be/C-ahWUZEO6Y
DISPUTE INFO
Video ID: C-ahWUZEO6YDSIPUTED
Username: CinemaVintage

Ironically enough, this is their very strongly worded anti-piracy statement on their website.
http://www.shemaroo.com/corporate/?pgtype=antipiracy

http://www.shemaroo.com/corporate/?pgtype=contactus
Shemaroo House, Plot No 18,
Marol Co-op. Industrial Estate,
Saug Baug, Marol Naka,
Off. Andheri-Kurla Road Andheri (E),
Mumbai 400 059.
Phone:+91-022-28529911

customerservice@shemaroo.com
vigilance@shemaroo.com
films@shemaroo.com
overseas@shemaroo.com
studio@shemaroo.com
monal@shemaroo.com
ketan@shemaroo.com

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 10:44am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims MUSIC PUBLISHING RIGHTS COLLECTING SOCIETY

A search on the net fills up with complaints that this "company" is a scam, and no one's sure if this Facebook is real or a tongue-in-cheek act of frustration.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-Publishing-Rights-Collecting-Society/138959132819890?sk=info
Google forums offer a bit more "history" but it's unconfirmed
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=1e99de510dad2c0a&;hl=en&start=120
However, they are not listed as a valid collection company
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_copyright_collection_societies
The only way to deal with them on YouTube is to use the dispute form option on the actual video that's claimed. I have disputed every claim they made and each was released within 24 hours, most almost immediately upon filing.
If anyone has contact information on this company please add it with a reply.

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 12:13pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims Fundação Padre Anchieta (TV CULTURA)

Fundação Padre Anchieta (TV Cultura)
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Cultura
Country: Brazil
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/tvcultura
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tvcultura
Flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/televisaocultura
Radio: http://culturafm.cmais.com.br/
Multi-Cultural http://multicultura.cmais.com.br/
Children's Programming: http://tvratimbum.cmais.com.br/
University TV: http://univesptv.cmais.com.br/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cultura
Contact: http://www2.tvcultura.com.br/faleconosco/
(Note: This form is in their native Portuguese but if you use Iron Browser it will automatically offer to translate.)
For correspondence:
Padre Anchieta Foundation - Paulista Center for Educational Radio and TV
Cenno Sbrighi Street, 378 - PO Box 11544
CEP 05036-900
São Paulo / SP - Tel: (11) 2182.3000
Someone from their company was arrested and murdered?
http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Vladimir_Herzog

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 11:32am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims EMI

EMI is notoriously, extremely difficult to contact
About EMI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMI
Press Contacts: http://www.emimusic.com/news/presscontacts/
From their site: http://www.emimusic.com/terms/
help@emimusic.com
Contact form (doesn't work) http://www.emimusic.com/openemi/partnercontact/

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/emiamericarecords#p/u
http://www.youtube.com/user/emi

Emails issued February 3, 8, 13 and 15
CC jchannon@emimusicpub.com, hprice@emimusicpub.com, noakes@emimuscpub.com, jcarslake@emimusicpub.com, info@kpmmusichouse.com, enquiries@playproductionmusic.com, help@emimusic.com, missing.royaltors@emicap.com
distribution@emicmg.com, jcarslake@emimusicpub.com, enquiries@emimusicsoundfoundation.com, info@bimm.co.uk, sales2011@emisound.com, sweden@emimusicpub.com, jthompson@emicmg.com, lstutts@emicmg.com
Channels: emiamericarecords + emi

Only response I got so far is from
James Carslake
who referred it to Victor Orive-Martin

On 2/16/2012 4:37 AM, James Carslake wrote:

> Hello Gen,
> This appears to be a conflict over the music within the video, rather than the video itself. As the issue is with the sound recording you will need to speak with EMI Records, rather than us at EMI Publishing.
> I have copied in Victor Orive –Martin here. Victor, is this something you might be able to help with? Or could you advise who would be dealing with YouTube conflicts?
> Best
> James

They still have their claim on the video "Hemp for Victory 1942" and all info (claim, dispute, contact) can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHvoK23NqAw in the video drop down description

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 10:50am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims CINETEL MULTIMEDIA

Cinetel Multimedia
YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/CINETELMULTIMEDIA
Site http://www.cinetelmultimedia.com/
Contact Form http://www.cinetelmultimedia.com/Contacto.html
Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/CinetelM
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cinetel-Multimedia-SL/127858823966038
LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jose-manuel-jara/4/84a/2a
Owner JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA
Company Number 84481779
Company Type Sociedad Limitada
Jurisdiction Spain
Domicilio Social: CALLE ANGEL GANIVET,
28 - 4 5 A, MADRID,
28007 , MADRID
Teléfono: 915017501
http://www.empresite.com/CINETEL-MULTIMEDIA.html

Note: 1) Much info is in Spanish, but if you are not a native speaker and use the Iron Browser http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php it will offer to translate for you. 2) They are not to be confused with http://www.cinetelfilms.com/films.php an actual member of The Independent Television & Film Alliance http://www.ifta-online.org/

Poster: bullie89 Date: Apr 30, 2012 2:46pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims CINETEL MULTIMEDIA

The people from Cinetel are not speaking Spanish. They are Basques so they are dubbing the films into Castillion. This is considered 'Peasant French' or 'common' as it is neither French nor Spanish. These folks are obsessed with anything American.

Each time they claimed a copyright I disputed it immediately and have always prevailed. They own THEIR version of the film, not the American version. They claim they have bought the copyrights on 700 films in the United States Public Domain. The copyrights on Public Domain films are not for sale. Now if I had uploaded a version of let's say 'The Stranger' and had it dubbed into Castillion then they could make a valid claim.

I have provided YouTube with a lengthy list of 'Claimants' but they do nothing! Israeli Educational Television is claiming Henry the VIIIth with Charles Laughton. How can we dispute it if we do not share a language? If they are able to read and write in the English Language they did not release their claim. I do not speak Hebrew so I just gave up and yanked the film.

This is a real disaster with YouTube. They do not care, I am doing some digging like getting FOIAS on the Officers of the Company. That will provide names and valid contact info.

What used to be a really fun thing to do has turned stressful and ugly.

Poster: Chris Keating Date: Sep 2, 2012 4:39am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims CINETEL MULTIMEDIA

I had Israeli Educational Television lodge a copyright claim against an item in my YouTube channel - a 1963 US-produced program called "The Funny Company".

Some three months later, I get a notice from YouTube telling me that the claim has been released...

Poster: bullie89 Date: Sep 3, 2012 4:01am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims CINETEL MULTIMEDIA

They read English and the problem with both Cinetel and Israeli Educational Television is that they have failed to rename their version of the film in their language of their respective Countries. I find that they are starting to catch on. Israeli Educational Television claims Henry the VIIth with Charles Laughton. If you explain to them nicely that they should rename their films in the content ID system they release the claim immediately. YouTube is no help. They have zero customer service and they could not care less about any of this.

Key is we have to educate these folks. The music claims are more difficult. Between Orchard and GODigital life is generally miserable.

Good luck!

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 11:07am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims IODA

http://www.iodalliance.com/contact
jhs@iodalliance.com
jobs@iodalliance.com
help@iodalliance.com

Kyle Pierce
Account Manager
IODA | Independent Online Distribution Alliance
kpierce@iodalliance.com | 415.375.3110

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 11:50am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims NAIVE

YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/naiverecords/featured
Their site http://en.naive.fr/
Contact: contact@naive.fr
Note: Again, Iron Browser will translate this for you if you don't speak French. http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 11:42am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims WMG

Put a false claim on the PD video "The Heart (1950)" and all info can be seen in the drop down description here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sef655ZfuXA and footage of my dispute with more info here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VurAjLX95Sg

I contacted both the channel and the following email addresses which were the only I could find available online after hours of searching

onlinelicensing@wmg.com
privacypolicy@wmg.com
album.coveruse@wmg.com

A few hours after the video went out they released their claim so I am not sure which email address worked (if at all) or if it was the video I made that I attached as a video response (when I got no reply on multiple emails or emails to their channel) to one of their channel videos that did it.

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/warnermusicgroup/featured
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/warnermusicgroup?sk=app_2513891999

Poster: Moongleam Date: Feb 12, 2012 11:48am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

All titles except "Evergreen" are here at the Archive, and I cannot find copyright renewals for the films released before 1950. (Whether the two British films could still be under copyright is perhaps open to debate.)

So the pre-1950 U.S. films must be public domain.

If we're lucky, Video-Cellar will give his opinion on the claim that "Musical Compositions" in some of the movies keep them from being freely distributed.

Poster: Hg80 Date: Feb 12, 2012 2:13pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Evergreen [1934]

http://www.archive.org/details/Evergreen

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 13, 2012 1:50am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Repeat disputed offenders: Orchard Publishing, AdRev/AudioMicro, DashGo/AudioBee, Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society, Believe, IODA, Pirames International Srl, CINETEL MULTIMEDIA and GoDigital MG.

Like bullie89, I disputed Cinetel Multimedia and won. Then he threatened to sue me because I put the company's contact info in the forums and made a video showing the dispute process.

Boy's got the same pair of pants to get happy in.

Poster: bullie89 Date: Feb 15, 2012 3:20pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

This is how I dispute them:

This is the second time I have disputed this match. The match for the initial dispute was removed. Again, Cinetel Media is taking these films and dubbing them into Castillion. I am quite certain that Maureen O'Hara whom is alive and well, and performed in Jamaica Inn with Charles Laughton, and McLintock with John Wayne, would not appreciate her work being used as she will not receive any Royalties from Cinetel Media. James Stewart too has heirs. These films are all in the archive. If Cinetel Media owns the copyrights to these United States Public Domain films, then why are they still in the archive? Furthermore, I called the United States Copyright Office at (202) 707-5959 to confirm whether or not Cinetel Media owns the rights to these films. They do not own John Wayne Films (he was as American as Apple Pie) nor do they own the rights to every single film I have had content matches on. These actors and actresses are either still alive, or they have heirs whom are being deprived of Royalties. Cinetel threatened to sue me if I did not remove the films I had posted and refused to take down. What Cinetel fails to comprehend is that they would have to come to the United States, and try to get standing to sue me in Federal Court, which they would not. There is a tremendous amount of outrage over this. Harry Reid and Patrick Lehey have their phones ringing to no end with complaints as Congress did not intend to allow our American History to be taken away from us. Harry Reid and Patrick Lehey are the primary sponsors of the bills in the House and the Senate of the online piracy bills. These men are appalled that these actors, actresses, and their heirs are being deprived of any Royalties. The films in the Archive are all Public Domain in the United States and they will remain so. Thank you.

The piracy bills are dead for now, but something tells me they will be back. Whenever you dispute a claim, your views are reduced by YouTube to 'punish you'.

That guy is a Basque, which means they are in the Southern part of France on the border with Spain. I worked in a French speaking office and became fluent. After that I went back to College as I have a degree in music. I wanted to go to Law school, so I had to go to NYU and get an undergrad degree there before going to Law school.

I had to take a language, so, of course I chose French, I figured it would be an easy class. Well, the people that I worked with were Basques and the Professor asked me where the hell did I learn to speak French??? It seems that tne Basques are peasants, or common. My accent and word use was 'common' and I was told to forget everything I learned. Well, I couldn't because I have 'Perfect Pitch' and my 'ear' never forgets anything. I do NOT speak French as I don't want to humiliate myself. They ALL have an obsession with American Culture. Be it music, film, literature or works of art. It is really creepy.

Keep disputing all of them as they are utterly false!!!!

Bullie

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 15, 2012 6:33pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Hello, Bullie.

I've disputed every single fake claim put on PD material on my channel. Believe it. Over sixty in eight days, and now I've noticed I do have less views on new videos.

It's literally taken hours and hours and hours to dispute their fake claims. I don't just let claims sit. I use YT dispute and I hunt them down. I email the companies. I make videos showing the fake claims, I post their claim s in the video descriptions now with the dispute numbers, and my emails to the companies.

I also ask each company what it's specifically doing to make sure this does not happen again, if they intend to return the money they made and to whom will they return it. None of them have responded to any of these issues.

I have contact information for every company or entity that's made a claim on my channel. Say the word and I'll post a condensed updated list. Other people might need it and I know it's hard to come by. Until then, this is where the drama with Jose (owner of Cinetel Multimedia) got ugly:

> Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:19:09
> To: JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA
> Subject: Re: RELEASE 1936 Great Guy
>
> Did you just threaten to sue me?
>
> On 2/12/2012 4:08 PM, JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA wrote:
>
>> I didn't know how to exclude a channel from claims although you don't
>> beleive it. I have been searching about it and i think now it's done. (i am
>> write your email address in the box that appears). I hope there will be no
>> problems with your channel again as we don't want with anyone who does not
>> upload our castillian versions.
>> But kindly i ask you to delete the video you have uploaded about my company
>> in your channel. You are talking bad about our company, using our logo,
>> images and company info without permission. Also, please remove the info
>> about our company and my name in the google support forum. Contrary to what
>> you say, I was kindly, polite and sincere with you the first time i knew
>> about the claims, and always had good intentions, while you were out of
>> tune. I keep all the mails too.
>> We don't want more confrontations. Please, delete all about my company or we
>> will be in the obligation to take legal action.
>> Thank you
>> Best regards

On 12/02/12 2:08, "Gen X" wrote:
Yet another problem. Release this Public Domain video. Again. I suggest you white list my channel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsYidc9mmSs

Video cited:
Cinetel Multimedia: False Claims on the Public Domain
http://youtu.be/5YFtlPiAXfI

Forums post cited:
Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (Orchard, AdRev, DashGo/AudioBee, Music Pub Rights Collecting Soc, etc)
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=0d8a30cdd4a85622&;hl=en

The Streisand Effect took over after I mentioned he threatened legal action if I did sanitize the channel and forum of his company, and tons of people started emailing me lovely letters of support with links like this:

FORUM POST Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (webpage)
http://www.mediafire.com/?je7kau622txb8kd

FORUM POST Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (PDF)
http://bayfiles.com/file/2SlB/Ti7G2U/Forum_Post_-_Companies_filing_claims_on_the_Public_Domain_PDF.pdf

FORUM POST Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (Video)
http://videobam.com/jvHbP

ORIGINAL VIDEO Cinetel Multimedia False Claims on the Public Domain
http://www.putlocker.com/file/F460C366A6728F03

And, yes, it does come up in searches.

Gen

Poster: bullie89 Date: Feb 15, 2012 8:22pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

This is outstanding!!! So many of us are after him that he is losing his mind. I have blocked him from my channel. He just sees the stuff I write in the disputes. Tomorrow I will upload Laughton and O'Hara in 'Jamaica Inn' and see what happens.

I have called the SOPA madness politicians as well as faxed them about this. I also said the the fees for copyrights are so cheap they are giving our American history away for practically nothing. Cinetel now has its web site with 'image coming soon' next to their alleged films. If it were the case that they own this stuff, then why is it still here in the archive?

Check out: pattoninplaid that is a channel from my friend Chris who is going nuts about this stuff. If you message him just tell him that I sent you. My name is Ellen and Bullwinkle was a Thoroughbred racehorse I rescued from being dinner in France. He passed, but I use his name as a reminder of him. 89 was the year of his birth. He was killed by a car in a freak accident in 2000. Horses got out of the pasture and they all galloped down to the street at 5am. 2 of mine were killed, others were injured but survived.

I am trying to raise funds for my horse rescue, but YouTube is making it difficult by manipulating my views, and refusing to accept that my PIN on my corporate credit card is correct! I sort of detest them too! Hang in...Ellen

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 15, 2012 9:08pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Re: SOPA etc - Go to the channel and note the links. You may find them helpful http://www.youtube.com/user/CinemaVintage

Re: PattonInPlaid: Emailed, with link to this post as explanation. Sorry to hear about your lovely horse.

Re: YT difficulties for fund raising: They have sites that help raise funds. Also, Kickstarter for investors might help? (Search for link) Keeping a blog and aligning yourself with bigger, similar charities may help, too?

Re: CINETEL MULTIMEDIA: The more this guy pushed me, the more Dirty Harry, squinty-eyed, one-liner'ed I became. Start at the bottom, work your way up, have a cheer on me....

On 2/13/2012 3:50 PM, Gen X wrote:
> "please remove the video about my company and the info about us in the google forum"
> Or what?
>
> On 2/13/2012 4:10 AM, JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA wrote:
>> Well, can we forget all about this misunderstanding? I have white listed you, so the problem with you is solved. For my part i did what you asked for me.
>> Now i am asking you, again, kindly, please remove the video about my company and the info about us in the google forum, so we can forget all about this issue. That’s all. For a good understanding between the two of us.
>> Thanks again
>>

>> On 13/02/12 11:20, "Gen X" wrote:
>>
>> You have no legal grounds to sue me.

I hope he enjoys that Streisand Effect.

Gen, still growling.

Poster: bullie89 Date: Feb 16, 2012 9:02pm
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Here is the definitive language from the US Copyright office in DC. I received this today.

"Public domain" means that copyright no longer applies to the work. When the copyright has expired, it is said to be in the public domain. This means anyone is free to use the material. When a work is in the public domain, then the copyright can no longer be sold or transferred, since copyright protection no longer applies to the work.

If you have additional questions or need further assistance, our contact information is listed below.

Sincerely,

JS
U.S. Copyright Office
Attn: Public Information Office-LM401
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
Washington, DC 20559-6000
Short story, we can use it and so can he but he is lying about having purchased the copyrights because THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE!! Somebody sold him a bill of goods and that is certain. Now all we have to do is to get YouTube to understand that.

All of this is a huge waste of time. I will send YouTube a letter and cite Cinetel and all of the other clowns. I am sick to death of this crap. I told a falsehood regarding the actors and actresses that are living, it depends on the contract they had, and that is where the rub is. Jack Nicholson probably was paid very little or next to nothing for his early films. But Cinetel and YouTube bought it. It worked, as I knew it would. But I also knew they could not claim a copyright on any of these films!

Regarding my horse rescue, I don't want to be swallowed up by another rescue as I would be dealing with their Board (mine is quite impressive) and also, there are rescues that are dishonest. I have a business model that puts the horses first. I free lease them to qualified lessees, which means they can actually ride the horse. There are always tons of applicants as the horses are not ready for lease until they are completely rehabbed and retrained. I do all of this myself. Retaining ownership ensures that the horse will always have a home. I will take a horse back, and I have the right to recall a horse. Neither has ever happened in my 18 years of rescuing horses. Since the Corporation owns the horses, I don't make a dime from them. I am by no means independently wealthy, but I do what I have must to be sure they, and my house pets get what they need.

My site has been hacked and they did a great job. It is a huge site and I did not notice until half of the home page was missing!

Take heart Gen, this too shall pass. You can be sure of it.

Ellen

Poster: Thomas Mores Date: Feb 16, 2012 2:19am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

He guys.
Great work Let's drive Cinetel Multimedia on. I love this posse!
What a nonsence offering to whiteflag only you. He should be stopped putting claims on all P.D. movies.
Cinetel Multimedia (JOSE MANUEL JARA NAVA) is committing Copyfraud and is threatening honorable citizens.
To all P.D and Internet Archive fans I would like to ask: Join the posse!

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 9:30am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

Shall I post a condensed list of the people making fake claims and how to contact them her at the archives for others who may need it?

A longer form can be found here "Companies filing claims on the Public Domain (Orchard, AdRev, DashGo/AudioBee, Music Pub Rights Collecting Soc, etc)" at http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=0d8a30cdd4a85622&;hl=en for now; however as I've been threatened with legal action if I do not remove it that post could be flagged for removal, and made to disappear.

So, shall I post contact information for the companies committing CopyFraud here at the IA forums so people have some way to contact these companies?

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 16, 2012 9:45am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims (EMI)

Still ongoing with EMI since 29 January but I finally had someone answer me.... Video "Hemp for Victory" here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqQVXUPjWKU

This is the dispute info:
//Copyright Info: 1942 Hemp for Victory
You have disputed a copyright claim on your video, 1942 Hemp for Victory.
Your dispute is still awaiting a response from these content owners:
Entity: EMI Content Type: Sound Recording
What should I do?
No action is required on your part. Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video.
To see the details of the dispute you filed, click here.
Username: CinemaVintage
Video ID: OqQVXUPjWKU
5. This video contains the material at issue, but the material is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.
"I researched but could not find a way to contact EMI directly. This video is listed in the Public Domain, and is free and clear of copyright issues. Obviously, there's an error I am willing to speak with the company to correct this, and have the mistaken claim lifted. Thank you for your help. I realize this is probably just the content ID gone a bit wonky and the matter should be cleared up in not time at all! :)"//

After sending the following letter to the following people at EMI and their channels (posted below in //+[]'s)

//[LETTER SENT TO EMI (many times now)
There's been a Content ID false positive from EMI that's come up on one of the videos I've posted. The video's just been sitting there since 29 January waiting to be released.

"Hemp for Victory" (a government video from WWII designed to encourage farmers to grow help for the war effort) is clearly public domain, meaning that it's free and clear for us and that no one can lay claims to it. It's listed in the archives and IMDb as well.

If somehow even the government and archived listings are mistaken and this film is actually owned by EMI, please send me the copyright information and, upon verification, I will remove the video from the channel with my apologies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp_for_Victory
http://www.archive.org/details/Hemp_for_victory_1942
List of films in the public domain in the United States (included) http://www.imdb.com/list/2RfGaIYkZPc/

DISPUTE RELEASE INFO from 29 JANUARY:
Username: CinemaVintage
Video Name: 1942 Hemp for Victory
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqQVXUPjWKU
Video ID: OqQVXUPjWKU

[...]

Last night, I made the video "Dear EMI: Please Release Me (from your False Claim)" http://youtu.be/NHvoK23NqAw which includes all of the above info in its drop down, and then I made the video "Dear EMI: Do you get any of our messages?" http://youtu.be/Y21YcJea0dU which not only also includes all of the above info but shows live video footage me attaching the first video to one of EMI's videos as a video response at YouTube.

Today I received this reply to one of my letters. and I cut and pasted the info here so you could just read down, normally, in chronological order starting from the top:

On 2/16/2012 9:40 AM, Gen X wrote:
> to Victor Orive-Martin
> James Carslake
>
> Thanks for answering me, James. It's been quite an ordeal to get ahold of anyone at your company.
>
> The video "Hemp for Victory" (a US government propaganda film) is from 1942 and the sound, talking and music, is original to the video. As I detailed in my post, below, it's public domain which, by its very nature, means free for use and free form claim (such as this). If EMI or anyone owned anything in a public domain video that would be quite a trick, wouldn't it? That would make it not Public Domain, and I've provided the information that it is. Again, if somehow the government listings, LoC, the archives, Sherpa, NCOA, File Room Org, and Stanford University Registered Copyright Renewals are all mistaken and this film is actually owned by EMI in any way, please send me the copyright information (not the claim or an application for renewal but the proper ownership ID and info) to verify this, and I will remove the video from my channel without penalty and with my express apologies.
>
> Victor?
>
> Gen//

They cannot possibly be serious. Are they looking for an out? A justification? Trying to wear me out? Treating me like an idiot? Could they somehow be for real? What???

Gen

Poster: Gen Xavier Date: Feb 13, 2012 2:40am
Forum: feature_films Subject: Re: False copyright claims

I got it all in screen shots and video, as well as saved correspondence that includes threats. So if ya'll decide something can be done and anyone needs to back any claims, give me a shout. The hard drive's filling up over here.